There are lots of tools and accessories to be utilized once you decided to loosen, tighten, nail or inflate something using your air compressor. A suitable tool or equipment is basically needed for some special things to do so as to finish your works without difficulty.
Of course, it is very imperative to work on your projects at home while you are after for your safety and success. So, what you have to do is to explore the essential things to do and prepare the specific tools to be used for good. For your added knowledge and for your reference about some particular tools to be used, you may take a glimpse on the succeeding discussions.
Safety tools are said to be very important when you are about to start your DIY projects at home. These could protect you at all times when working on your jobs. Some of these tools are the following:
• Hearing protection – This is utilized to protect your eardrums from the repeated impact of the compressor when nailing something.
• Goggles – This tool is a must to be used for everyone when working. So, whether you are utilizing some impact tools or mainly directing compressed air through blow gun for cleaning, it is still advisable to use goggles.
• Leather apron and gloves – Leather apron can keep away some debris off your clothes and gloves can also protect your hand and skin from shavings of high-speed metals. These must also be used when cleaning surfaces using your air compressor.
The main purpose of these tools being mentioned is to observe general safety precaution. Since air may have some force to cause air embolism, it may result to skin damage or may even worsen the situation.
Tools for air impact allow you to utilize the air force for a wide range of applications. Here are some of these tools:
• Air impact wrench – This is mainly available in different sizes like ¼”, ½”, 3/8” or even 1”. These particular sizes refer to the anvil. A bigger wrench can accept greater socket diameter. On the other hand, an impact wrench with 1 inch won’t accommodate a socket with ¼”. Basically, impact refers to stocking up of energy on its rotating wrench. Then, delivering it rapidly so as to produce high torque.
• Ratchet – This is also available on sizes from ¼” to ½”. This is quite similar to air impact wrench that speeds up a repetitive work on bolts and nuts. What you need to do is to press or clutch the handle.
Hammers and Nailers
Air compressors with different CFM capacity can be utilized to shoot anything from small brads for frames to huge nails for bigger frames at home. For more information about these tools, then you may refer to the following nailers and its common air usage:
• Finish nailer – This approximately requires around 1.2 cubic feet per minute and takes 16 measure finish nails. It is commonly utilized for fastening extruded plastic trim or wood, light nailing and even furniture skeleton assembly. Finish nails may also require puttying since these leave larger holes compared to brad nails.
• Brad nailer – It requires around 0.3 cubic feet per minute and it also takes 18 measure brads. This is mainly utilized for fragile or very small wood trim and for assembling some pieces of furniture. There’s no need for puttying since brad nails only produce smaller holes compared to finish nails.
• Framing nailer – This approximately requires around 2.2 cubic feet per minute and it takes 16 measure common nails to 3” long on either coil or stick style. This can also be straight or angled.
Accessories for Great Convenience
Below are some of the accessories that you may use while working using your air compressor:
• Adapters and hoses – Air compressor hose is generally available from ¼” to 1 inch in diameter. Adapters may also used by many workers so as to quickly connect or disconnect between some specific tools.
• Overhead roller – It reduces hose abrasion and retracts its hose to be mounted and stored conveniently once not in use.
• Blow gun – It discharges up to 90 psi so as to blow and clean your car engine, workbench or garage floor where you are working on.
• In-line oilers and in-line filters – Oilers and filers can makes your tools lubricated and maintain cleanliness on the compressed air.
These lists are only made to narrow down your choices and ideas; but, you can still add some special tools and accessories depending on your projects. For information about special tools and accessories of best air compressor you can click here and find out more.